Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Work, Cars and other fun stuff

This is going to be a short post. I got my car back from the dealership in plenty of time to make it to my troop meeting. The price was pretty high - $250 seems steep for a 90k mile tune-up, but perhaps I'm just not used to Bay Area prices yet. Getting to and from the mechanic went quite smoothly; I hope tomorrow's expedition to the dealership goes just as well. I still can't decide if I am hoping for a rental or not. I'd rather not put more miles on my car, but I don't like the idea of having to pay extra for a car that guzzles gas. I'm sure a hybrid is NOT on their list of basic rentals.

I turned in the review I did on my boss today. The department head asked me to put in a few employee specific comments, promised not to show it to the person I reviewed, and complimented me on the inclusion of solutions to the problems I pointed out. He was startled to read that the boss specifically tells people not to take lunch; I don't think the manager realized that mr. boss man actually breaks the labor laws when he feels like it.

In other news, our Haloween candy seems to be multiplying. We're out of mini 3 musketeers bars, but we've now added Smarties and something labeled assorted to our pile. If we don't get some trick or treaters, we'll both contract diabetes!

What I'm reading now: The Grey King. Greenwitch picked up about halfway through, though I still felt dissasociated from the story. I've only just started The Grey King, but I already like it a lot more.

Short post tonight, I'm heading out to Improv class.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Hey, I ran into your blog while looking at FFXI links and thought I'd say hi.

I'm an architect turned structural engineer (don't hiss, I try to help my architects, not hurt them).

As I said, I play FFXI on the Ifrit server, that is once I've helped the wife-boss put the kids to bed and she lets me log in (I know who runs the household, but she rules with a firm but caring hand).

Anyway, just wanted to say that there are good SE's out there who can appreciate a good architect. Good luck on the exam in March.