Friday, November 23, 2007

Shopping

Happy late Thanksgiving!

We drove up to my aunt's house to visit with my family yesterday. I love going up there. Once we've crossed the central valley and really get into the mountains, the scenery is beautiful. It was such a nice autumn day yesterday: cold, clear and crisp. Justin went with me for Thanksgiving for the first time ever. When we were living so far away, Thanksgiving at my aunt's was always a 3-4 day trip. Since Justin works retail, he ALWAYS has to work the Friday after Thanksgiving, and couldn't go. I was glad of his company on the drive, even though he slept most of the way there and back. The food was wonderful, my family was there, and the weather was nice. I was disappointed that I still can't convince anyone to walk to the creek with me. It's a pretty nice walk. Next time I should just go alone ;;. I enjoyed the day, even though I was bone tired from staying up so late Wednesday night.

Wednesday, after Limbus, Dragon and I went to help an old friend, Epic, with ToAU mission 35. It only took us 2 tries! The first time we failed miserably; a couple of the party members were just STUPID! ("Look, I'm kiting," the pup says as the mobs kill someone else. Yeah... even I can kite better than that!) The second time, Dragon came as drk/sam, kitted out with his homam haste gear. I was brd to cast march x2. We both 2-houred at about 55%, and he smacked Gessho with souleater from here to kingdom come. We beat the record for our server at something like 6 minutes, even though the sam and the (dumb) pup died 2 minutes into the fight without reraise. It was totally awesome. A fully hasted drk is an amazing sight indeed. I went to bed so pepped up over it that it took me almost 30 minutes to fall asleep, even though it was 11:30 by then. That's why I was so tired on Thanksgiving.

After driving home (2:30 hours each way, and I did both drives) yesterday, I went straight to bed. It was only 8:30, but I still fell asleep almost immediately. I woke up at 3:15 am today to go shopping with my mom and my sis. I spent way too much money, but ended up with most of what I went there for. New work shirts for me, new jeans for Justin, 2 copies of WoTG for PS2 (yay torrent!) and a hair straightener. The straighteners were 2 for 1, so I have my xmas gift for my sister. After I got home, I realized I forgot Dragon's birthday gift, so I went back out again for a third copy of WoTG. After all that, I took a nap.

I need to clean the house sometime today, but I'm pretty tired still. Tomorrow my in-laws are bringing their 6yo son and we are all going to go to the car museum. Justin may or may not be planning to cook them a full Thanksgiving dinner. I can't really tell at this point. We still have half a pie, at least. MMM... my pumpkin pie turned out GREAT! (even though I was cooking it during the ToAU mission =P)

WIR: Finished First Test this morning. Moved on to Page. Anyone want to join me for a book discussion? Anyone?

No comments: