Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Work

I'm doing nothing but work this week, it seems. The big project that I wrote about on Monday didn't go out yesterday as planned. I worked 14 hours on Monday, but by Tuesday afternoon it was clear that it wouldn't be perfect. My department head, the one who caused this by holding the project on his desk for 3 weeks, said he'll call in a favor and get us a postponement until today. I wish he'd said that before I worked last Sunday. On the other hand, I asked him if everyone from my level and down in the department could take Friday off. That's just 3 of us, but we only have a department of 7. He agreed, saying that we'd earned a day off.

I love having a week day off work. There's something about being off work when I ought to be there that makes the day automatically pleasant. It doesn't matter what I am doing, at that point, just as long as I'm doing it while everyone else has to go in to the office. In this case, I plan to play some Spyro for a while and then finish leveling my whm. I want to get whm to 75 this weekend. The WoTG expansion comes out next Tuesday, and I would like to be free to level sch. Also, I have this theory that whm will become even less desirable once people start getting dnc and sch to the 70s. It's hard enough to get a party for whm as it is, but it'll be harder when there are more mage options to choose from. I'd just as soon finish up before it's impossible to get a party. I figure everyone will be out meritting like mad this weekend, so it should be a good weekend to /inv. The camps will all be packed, but that's a risk I'm willing to take. Not caring about overcrowding has nothing to do with the fact that I won't be bard and therefore not pulling. Of course not!

WIR: Still reading The White City. I'm on the part now where the fair has just ended and their finally thinking about catching the serial killer. I'll finish that, The Grey King, and Birth House this weekend, I hope. It depends how long I spend playing Spyro and FFXI.

No comments: